American BJDs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group to share our collections, photos, stories and ideas on ALL Ball Jointed Dolls.

+30
kmfanatic
susan
Jeanne
ruskyles
shelly
Tami E
mkrdolls
Jeanie
MaryKate
Mrsbobbinsews
gracie
CathyinNY
weegale
jozel
Minuet
mhdolls
vickchick
FroggyB
Lori in OR
llilly
CharlieRiley
Connie - Sweet Creations
Christina in FL
Karen
KristinKreations
LuvMyBJDs
nonopaulette
luv*it
Alison
Admin
34 posters

Hello Everyone!

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Hello Everyone! - Page 4 Empty Re: Hello Everyone!

Post  Admin Wed May 20, 2009 6:59 am

Hello Mrsbonninswews and Cathy!!! Glad you joined us! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
    Alison
    Alison

Post  Alison Wed May 20, 2009 3:26 pm

What a wonderful, eclectic and diverse group of people we have on this board!

I have to say, I really enjoy reading about all of you on the introductions--if only to be able to tell my husband, "At least I don't have as many dolls as such-and-such (yet)!"

Very Happy

You ladies are such enablers! I really appreciate all of you! Wink
    MaryKate
    MaryKate

Post  MaryKate Thu May 21, 2009 9:15 am

Hi everyone,

I followed Charlie here--I don't have a cute icon/avatar as yet because I'm waiting for my first real BJD ("Dottie" from Goodreau's Upsidedown Oz collection) to arrive. But I'm keeping busy sewing for my other dolls--Tonner's Hermione and Marley and an Ellowyne Wilde doll, along with AG's Addy and Josephina, and a handful of Tylers and other 16" fashion dolls. It's so inspiring to see all the dolls, from cute to gorgeous, that you have. I may be pretty quite, especially at first, but I'll be lurking and reading.

MaryKate
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu May 21, 2009 3:12 pm

Hi MaryKate!
    Glad you joined us!!!!

Kim
    Lori in OR
    Lori in OR

Post  Lori in OR Thu May 21, 2009 3:26 pm

Admin wrote:Hi Lori!!!
    No need to study when there is so much Dolly fun to be had!!! lol!

Glad you are here!

Hugs,
    Kim

Ha Ha, Kim! I eventually need to get a job so I can afford all the BJDs I like! So two more weeks of studying and then I'll get a break. cheers

Lori in OR
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu May 21, 2009 4:19 pm

Hi Lori!
    Sounds like a good plan! LOL!!!

Kim
    CharlieRiley
    CharlieRiley

Post  CharlieRiley Fri May 22, 2009 6:49 pm

MaryKate wrote:Hi everyone,

I followed Charlie here--I don't have a cute icon/avatar as yet because I'm waiting for my first real BJD ("Dottie" from Goodreau's Upsidedown Oz collection) to arrive. But I'm keeping busy sewing for my other dolls--Tonner's Hermione and Marley and an Ellowyne Wilde doll, along with AG's Addy and Josephina, and a handful of Tylers and other 16" fashion dolls. It's so inspiring to see all the dolls, from cute to gorgeous, that you have. I may be pretty quite, especially at first, but I'll be lurking and reading.

MaryKate

cheers What a Face cheers
    MaryKate
    MaryKate

Post  MaryKate Sat May 23, 2009 7:53 am

*waves* Hey, Charlie--once again, I follow you right into doll-related temptation... Wink
    FroggyB
    FroggyB

Post  FroggyB Sun May 24, 2009 4:28 pm

Mary Kate, you will find a lot of wonderful enablers here! LOL! Your avatar may not be a BJD, but she is welcome any way! And welcome to you, too.
    Jeanie

Post  Jeanie Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:23 pm

Hello all,

I live in the Houston,Texas area and am married to a wonderful man. Between my husband and I, we have 6 sons, ranging in age from 31 to 18.

This should be enough to explain why I collect dolls, I'm the only female in my home, including the pets. I NEED girl stuff!!!

I work in commercial real estate appraisal and love my job, but would like to have more play time.

I have a few reborns, several Himstedt dolls, a few other artist dolls and ONE BJD.

My Anya, by Kim Lasher, is my first and only BJD right now. I'm totally in love with her. I'm sure I'll be looking to to increase my BJD collection in the future.

Jeane
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:18 am

Hi Jeane!!!!
    I'm glad you came to play with us over here!!! I can see why you need dolls with all those boys in your house!!!

Have fun with Anya!! :-)

Hugs,
    Kim
    Christina in FL
    Christina in FL

Post  Christina in FL Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:57 am

Hi Jeane,
    WELCOME!!! Can't wait to see pics of your girl!!
    Christina
    mkrdolls

Hello Everyone! - Page 4 Empty Introduce myself

Post  mkrdolls Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:33 pm

Hi,
    I'm not sure if I'm doing this correctly but here goes....I have a very eclectic collection of dolls; but now I've started to collect BJD's. My first one was a little Elf doll, Hannah; but now I've been collecting the vinyl Goodreau BJD's, Berdine Creedy's BJD's, and have since discovered Kimberly Lasher's BJD's. I'm hooked!!! I do love the Helen Kish jointed dolls and I have many, many other types of dolls. Just ask the husband! LOL I'm looking forward to learning more about BJD's and a good way to hold wigs on...I'm getting better with it.

My husband, Ken and I have 5 kids between us and 8 grandkids (4 boys & 4 girls) and my 86 years young Dad lives with us too, plus 2 dogs (black lab mix & chihuahua mix) and I watch my 9 year old granddaughter while her Mom works, pretty much full time in the summer. Perhaps when school starts I will have more time to play dolls. They are my relaxation.

Thanks for the opportunity to play BJD dolls.

Merle Romer, Port Charlotte, Florida
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:15 pm

Hi Merle!!
    Glad you found us over here!!! Sounds like you are very busy with your family and grand children! That is great. My Mom watches the kids for me too. Looking forward to seeing you at the show in September! Please post pics of your collection, I'm sure everyone would love to see!

Hugs,
    Kim
    mkrdolls

Hello Everyone! - Page 4 Empty Pictures

Post  mkrdolls Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:55 pm

Is there a place for me to figure out the way to post pictures; I'm not familiar with this format. Please let me know the procedure.

Thanks! Merle
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:23 am

Hi Merle!!!
    Just click on the Gallery bar up above and you can create a new gallery--

Or, you can use the image icon but you have to upload your photos to photo bucket first. and then select them. I think I might do a step by step tutorial for people-- you are not the only one trying to figure it out!!

Kim
    Tami E
    Tami E

Post  Tami E Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:49 pm

Hi, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading through these introductions. I'm Tami. (I know I don't come up with creative usernames! At least folks may know me from other forums then.)

I am a mother of two sons aged twelve and nine, a wife (my husband and I are coming up on our 17th anniversary), an elementary school art teacher, a Teddy Bear artist, a "wanna-be" doll artist, and of course a great lover of all things creative. Oh! And I love dolls and Teddy Bears!

I have four BJDs, 2 Custom House Ange Ai, 1 Custom House Bisou Ai, and 1 Fairyland Little Fee. I don't have any American BJDs yet, but I hope to own one in the next year--made by ME! I was also thrilled to learn about Kim Lasher's dolls while I was "doll surfing" yesterday.

If anyone would like to see my work (bears and dolls) you may vist my Blog or my
    website
    Christina in FL
    Christina in FL

Post  Christina in FL Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:37 am

Hi and welcome Merle and Tami!! Can't wait to see pics of your dolls!!!!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:49 am

Hi Tami!!!
    Glad you are here!!! Have fun and welcome!!!

Kim
    shelly
    shelly

Hello Everyone! - Page 4 Empty Hello

Post  shelly Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:52 pm

I'm so new I haven't even brought a doll yet. I have two Himstedt's dolls that I need to pay off and then....Kim Lasher BJD's here I come. Nice to say hello, hi and how are you. I do have breast cancer and tend to be on one website mostly, however, I would like to branch out, my doll collecting and interest.
    Michelle(shelly)
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:08 am

Hi Shelly!!!
    Glad you joined us here!!! Hope you stay and play! We are trying to get more over here, but I check in at least once or twice a day. I just got back from the GC con. so I am up to my ears in paperwork, but can't wait to finish sculpting my new 22" girl! So, have fun, look around and I'll be posting some new pics soon--

Hugs,
    Kim
    ruskyles
    ruskyles

Hello Everyone! - Page 4 Empty Hello from Ruskyles!

Post  ruskyles Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:26 pm

Hello everyone! I am Shelly, also known as 'ruskyles' (which translates in Russian as "Russian forest")!

I have had two bjds that were promptly sold soon after they arrived for various reasons.... then Anya arrived! She isn't going ANYWHERE except if I go with her! Exclamation I love her and have had great fun sewing clothes for her since her arrival. Hope she doesn't wear out from all the modeling assignments before Dru and Addie get here in December!

So Anya is my only bjd at the moment. However, that can and probably will change. I have several Himstedts and several Kish Chrysalis girls.

I also have two 'living' dolls - Chloe and Lyra, my chocolate brown miniature poodles. All other dolls in my home take a back seat to them! They have brought me much joy. So they are my fur babies, and I have no human children!

I live in the Tulsa, OK area and have been in Oklahoma all my life.

I hope to have fun on this forum meeting new people, especially Kim Lasher bjd enthusiasts like myself! Smile
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:18 pm

Hi there Shelly!!!
    I'm so glad you joined us here!!!! It's been kinda quiet here lately but maybe with IDEX coming up and everyone posting there new creations it willl get some ladies over here to have fun with us!!!

I'm so glad you got Dru! She sold out FAST! I am planning on 3 new MSD girls for 2010, as well as a 22" girl!! The 22" girl is going out to Hong Kong this week, so I am really, really excited.

I have a cockapoo named Leah that is about 8 lbs. She's more poo than cocka, and we love her!!!

Hugs,
    Kim
    Jeanne
    Jeanne

Hello Everyone! - Page 4 Empty Hi!

Post  Jeanne Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:12 am

Hi Everyone! I'm Jeanne or JeanneA and many know me as SewStyle, too. It's good to be here. I have Anya and am looking to acquire a sister for her, too. Love BJDs. They are just amazing. Smile

Kim, I love what you have done so far and can't wait to see your 2010 collection.

Great to be here. Let's rev this place up~! cheers Jeanne
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:12 am

Jeanne!!!
    So glad you are here!!!! Yes, let's get this party started! LOL

I am sculpting away for my 2010 collection-- I think every one will be happy. 3 new MSD friends for Anya, Ainsley and Addy and a big SD girl too!!! So fun, plus some littler flower fairies and a few surprises! :-)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 1:11 am