American BJDs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group to share our collections, photos, stories and ideas on ALL Ball Jointed Dolls.

+30
kmfanatic
susan
Jeanne
ruskyles
shelly
Tami E
mkrdolls
Jeanie
MaryKate
Mrsbobbinsews
gracie
CathyinNY
weegale
jozel
Minuet
mhdolls
vickchick
FroggyB
Lori in OR
llilly
CharlieRiley
Connie - Sweet Creations
Christina in FL
Karen
KristinKreations
LuvMyBJDs
nonopaulette
luv*it
Alison
Admin
34 posters

Hello Everyone!

vickchick
    vickchick

Hello Everyone! - Page 3 Empty Re: Hello Everyone!

Post  vickchick Fri May 15, 2009 8:28 am

luv*it wrote:well at least she has a couple little ones of her own now lol
    Michele your Avatar is killing me!! cause she looks just like you!!! LOL

I say sell her some more!!! LOL!!
    I thought the same thing about Michele's avatar! I love you
    Karen
    Karen

Post  Karen Fri May 15, 2009 9:33 am

I just realized I forgot to mention my AmBJDs! I have Innuendo (vinyl and resin), Rumor and Secret vinyl, Julia, Privera, Goth Alice, March Hare Hint and Paulette. Then I have almost all the Butterfly kids sculpts plus Shani. Oh! And Aidyn, Ashlyn and Emersen. Am I getting close, Paulette? I don't want to count, either!

I am registrar for the Modern Doll Collectors Convention which is a great place to meet Berdine and Paulette! <hint hint>

And here's a Uniti faceup done by yours truly.

Hello Everyone! - Page 3 364401037
    Minuet
    Minuet

Post  Minuet Fri May 15, 2009 11:25 am

Hi! I'm Minuet (or Mae) and I run BJDcollectasy online Magazine. I hope to post here in my spare time. ( The site is in danger of taking most of that away!) In addition to dolls, I have a 15 year old daughter, 2 dogs and a herd of cats! I also love to garden and I also am a mosaic artist. In order to get through my days, I drink a lot of coffee! Smile
    luv*it
    luv*it

Post  luv*it Fri May 15, 2009 11:50 am

hi Mae! who is the cutie in your Avatar?
    karen unity is adorable too:)
    jozel
    jozel

Post  jozel Fri May 15, 2009 12:59 pm

Hi everyone!
    My name is Jozel and I collect dolls and sew and crochet for them! I started collecting dolls as a kid, but we moved so often, I usually lost them, so when I had a girl--my baby (who would kill me for that as she is 26 and a mom herself)we got into American Girl dolls big time. It helped that I lived in Wisconsin and they were made there--and had big sales every year!! LOL
    About 6 years ago, my friend's daughter showed us the bjd's and we all thought, boy, I'll never buy one of those--look at the price! Well, like Paulette, I can't admit how many I have now, or how many I have on order!! Fairyland has to stop making such cuteness and so does Paulette!!! I am dying to get my hands on an ABC doll! Smile I have a lot of sizes--from 4" up to 22" and they are all over my house.
    Between fabric, dolls and my cats, there is barely room for me, but I am happy here!
    In real life, I have been a nurse for 35 years, so Lori (if you get this far!!) ask any questions you have and I will be happy to answer!
    Jozel I love you
    Minuet
    Minuet

Post  Minuet Fri May 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Thanks! She really is quite a cute doll. My avatar is my Goodreau Privera with her largest elf ears and a new face-up. I just did it recently for my website. Like Michele, I use my dolls more as models (or victims!). I needed a doll that had a face-up I could remove so I could show how, and Privera was the only one I could use for the demo, so she ended up with a new face!

I mostly have MSD with a few SD dolls. I am about to get my first tiny dolls soon, a Felix Brownie and a Fidelia Firefly Faerie. I know the little ones have a lot of fans so I can't wait to have some of them myself! If nothing else, they will eat up less real-estate in my closets. Very Happy
    mhdolls
    mhdolls

Post  mhdolls Fri May 15, 2009 3:49 pm

luv*it wrote:Michele your Avatar is killing me!! cause she looks just like you!!! LOL

LOL! that's why I've been using her. Though I either need to bleach my hair lighter, or find her a darker wig. Style-wise that was the closest I found, but it's a litle too pale for the perfect illusion.
    nonopaulette
    nonopaulette

Post  nonopaulette Fri May 15, 2009 6:44 pm

"Thanks! She really is quite a cute doll. My avatar is my Goodreau Privera with her largest elf ears and a new face-up. I just did it recently for my website."

And the face up is spectacular, and I enjoyed watching the video. You should link to your magazine on here, if you have not already done so. It's very good!! P
    luv*it
    luv*it

Post  luv*it Fri May 15, 2009 6:55 pm

michele i thought the "roxie" wig in a blonde would look like yours?
    Minuet
    Minuet

Post  Minuet Sat May 16, 2009 4:54 am

Thanks! She has become one of my favorite dolls!

Privera was in last week's video too, on making fairy wings. I am editing a related video right now on how to make a leafy crown to match. Privera gets to finally wear clothes in this one! Nankatts made me a ruffly fairy outfit. I will try to make a still of her after the video is done today or tomorrow. I'll have the new video up for tomorrow.

I have my site addy on my profile. It just changed yesterday, but the old address will still get you there too.
    weegale
    weegale

Hello Everyone! - Page 3 Empty Hello

Post  weegale Sat May 16, 2009 6:00 am

Hope this works, my posts don't seem to be going through.
    Gale
    Minuet
    Minuet

Post  Minuet Sat May 16, 2009 6:07 am

I see you! Very Happy

What problem were you having?
    weegale
    weegale

Post  weegale Sat May 16, 2009 6:39 am

I don't know, I tried posting twice and nothing happened, I guess I am just not familiar with these forums, but I did the same thing this morning and it worked...who knows!!
    Thanks for letting me know it worked, now I can post my intro!!!!
    vickchick
    vickchick

Post  vickchick Sat May 16, 2009 6:49 am

weegale wrote:I don't know, I tried posting twice and nothing happened, I guess I am just not familiar with these forums, but I did the same thing this morning and it worked...who knows!!

Welcome Gale! You'll have the hang of it in no time. Smile
    weegale
    weegale

Hello Everyone! - Page 3 Empty Hey everyone

Post  weegale Sat May 16, 2009 7:08 am

I finally made it here!!
    My name is Gale, AKA The Wee Wardrobe. I recognize most of you and I hope to make more dolly friends here.
    I collect many things, mostly dolls. I love sewing for them, I have been doing it for a long time. I started out with Barbie when I was 9 and have been going strong ever since. I have made cloth/rag dolls, soft sculpture, 1:12th scale miniature dolls, clothing for the Chrissy dolls, Cabbage Patch, Tonner Betsy McCall & friends, Himstedt, American Girls and of course, BJDs. I, like Paulette have many BJDs (I'm sure she has more than me..LOL) from 70cm to the tiny Pukis. I love them all, but my passion right now are the Little Fees, that could change at any time though!!
    I sell my doll clothing to support my one BAD habit...doll collecting, specifically BJDs. I also love sewing for them and if I didn't sell them, I would have enough to open a dolly department store chain!! I have a Dollpage Marketplace store and I sell on Ebay, and at BJD cons sometimes. I can't wait for the Creedy-Goodreau con!!!! So exciting.
    Another huge collection I have are Doll Patterns, I just can't control myself. I haven't used half of them either, so many patterns...so little time...
    Well, this post is long enough, I usually don't talk this much, I guess I am in a chatty mood this morning...it's the coffee bounce
    weegale
    weegale

Post  weegale Sat May 16, 2009 7:10 am

vickchick wrote:
    weegale wrote:I don't know, I tried posting twice and nothing happened, I guess I am just not familiar with these forums, but I did the same thing this morning and it worked...who knows!!

Welcome Gale! You'll have the hang of it in no time. Smile

Thanks Vicki, I think I might have figures it out!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat May 16, 2009 7:57 am

Hi Gale!
    Glad you are here! It's pretty easy to post once you get the hang of it, and looks like you are on your way!

Hugs!
    Kim
    vickchick
    vickchick

Post  vickchick Sat May 16, 2009 8:51 am

weegale wrote:

Thanks Vicki, I think I might have figures it out!

Woo hoo - you go girl! Wink
    CathyinNY
    CathyinNY

Post  CathyinNY Sat May 16, 2009 4:17 pm

Hi. I'm Cathy. I live in New York with my partner, Cecilia. We collect dolls together, which is lots of fun. If I did this right, you will see my first bjd, Meadow (Happy Doll Elf) as my avatar.
    gracie
    gracie

Post  gracie Sat May 16, 2009 9:15 pm

Hi all:) I recognize most of you from the yahoogroup. I'm Kim and we live in Florida. I am a stay-at-mom and to my lovely twelve year old daughter who we homeschool. I started collecting dolls almost six years ago when my daughter started reading the American Girl series. We were heavily into AG and then naturally progressed into all the other vinyl types and brands. I was introduced to BJD by a friend on a doll list about 2 1/2 years ago and I've never looked back. I was only going to get one BJD because of the cost, but I just looked around and we (DD, DH, and myself) are up to 21 with two floating heads. I do sew for all our crew when I get a chance. I like all the sizes although I am leaning more towards SD and the tinies (14cm) lately.

Last edited by gracie on Sat May 16, 2009 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to add something :))
    Connie - Sweet Creations
    Connie - Sweet Creations

Post  Connie - Sweet Creations Sun May 17, 2009 5:16 am

CathyinNY wrote:Hi. I'm Cathy. I live in New York with my partner, Cecilia.... you will see my first bjd, Meadow (Happy Doll Elf) as my avatar.

Hi Cathy! Meadow is very cute, and I really like her dark eyes!
    KristinKreations
    KristinKreations

Post  KristinKreations Sun May 17, 2009 2:56 pm

Heeeelllooooo Very Happy
    It's so nice to see you all here Wink
    Mrsbobbinsews

Post  Mrsbobbinsews Tue May 19, 2009 7:25 am

Good morning! I've enjoyed reading everyone's introductions and seeing the great pictures of all the pretty dolls. I don't have any BJD's YET...but that will be remedied in the near future Very Happy

I am Janice, 44, married to my best friend Paul for 23 years, mother of two amazing young women, Sarah 21 now a college graduate of 2 whole days, and starting Mortuary school in the fall to join the family business...and Manda 20, finishing her Junior year at Univ. of Pennsylvania, a French major, who is currently studying in France. I've always been a happy homemaking stay at home mom who has always loved dolls and all sorts of arts and crafts, but especially sewing.

I started sewing and crocheting for my own dolls as a little girl, then, when my girls got into the American Girl dolls, started doing craft shows. Luckily, the internet came along soon after so I could stop lugging boxes of doll clothes to shows and start selling peacefully from my own home. The other wonderful aspect of this new fangled online thing is that I have "met" online, and also met in person, others who are just like me...adult women in love with their dollies and ok with it!!

I sew for MANY different dolls from 6" Hitty and 5" Kish Ellery all the way to larger Himstedts once in a while. But currently my favorites are the 8" Kish Riley and gang...which is why I NEED to get me some similar sized BJD's. My other "addictions" are fabric, yarn, and patterns...quite harmless in my opinion, although my husband is a little scared of their overflow from the sewing room to the rest of the house, though he NEVER complains and is ALWAYS supportive even if he doesn't quite "get it" all.

Anyway, that's my story...I really am looking forward to getting to know more about the delightful, if confusing to me, world of BJD's!

Hugs to all!
    Janice

SEW SWEET SHOP: http://www.thedollpage.com/marketplace/store.php?login=mrsbobbinsews
    Minuet
    Minuet

Post  Minuet Tue May 19, 2009 10:28 am

Hi Janice! BJDs seem confusing at first, but that's partly due to the number of companies now making them combined with the fact that most are in foreign countries. Once you get to know a little more about them, you will quickly find out why they are so addictive to so many people!

What doll/dolls are you hoping to get soon?
    Mrsbobbinsews

Post  Mrsbobbinsews Wed May 20, 2009 6:51 am

Minuet wrote:Hi Janice! BJDs seem confusing at first, but that's partly due to the number of companies now making them combined with the fact that most are in foreign countries. Once you get to know a little more about them, you will quickly find out why they are so addictive to so many people!

What doll/dolls are you hoping to get soon?

THanks for the welcome Minuet...I can already see why they are so addictive...now I'm sliding that slippery slope myself, lol!!

I am getting 8" Aidyn and have pre-ordered Clarissa Cupboard. I tend to like the smaller, little girl type dolls than the curvier ones. I also prefer sewing for that style of body...plus I think Aidyn will be a good friend for my Kish Riley's and friends!

I'm so glad to be here...and now I'm off on errands before spending the day in the sewing room!

Hugs,
    Janice

EBAY: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZmrsbobbinsews
    SEW SWEET SHOP: http://www.thedollpage.com/marketplace/store.php?login=mrsbobbinsews
    ETSY: http://mrsbobbinsews.etsy.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 1:20 am