American BJDs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group to share our collections, photos, stories and ideas on ALL Ball Jointed Dolls.

+30
kmfanatic
susan
Jeanne
ruskyles
shelly
Tami E
mkrdolls
Jeanie
MaryKate
Mrsbobbinsews
gracie
CathyinNY
weegale
jozel
Minuet
mhdolls
vickchick
FroggyB
Lori in OR
llilly
CharlieRiley
Connie - Sweet Creations
Christina in FL
Karen
KristinKreations
LuvMyBJDs
nonopaulette
luv*it
Alison
Admin
34 posters

Hello Everyone!

susan
    susan

Hello Everyone! - Page 5 Empty Re: Hello Everyone!

Post  susan Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:55 pm

Hello, My name is Susan and I have been collecting dolls since I was 13 (over 30 years). I love all types of dolls, but in recent years I've focused mostly on Annette Himstedt dolls. This year I've also become interested in ball jointed dolls, and that's when I discovered Kim Lasher's creations. They are very captivating! I have an Ainsley on order and can't wait to see her. I also look forward to seeing Kim's new creations next year.

I am married and have a 17 year old son who's soon to be 18, and a 14 year old daughter. I love my kids so much, and I'm already thinking about how I'm going to miss my son when he leaves for college next year.

I hope to go to IDEX in January, but I'm not sure if that's possible yet. It sounds like it would be so much fun!

Susan
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:07 pm

Hi Susan!
    Thanks for joining us!!! We are trying to get the party rolling over here, but not as much action going on as I'd hope! Anyway, I check in every day....

I hope to have all my Ainsley's out very very soon-- so you should get her in a few weeks!

Hope to see ya at IDEX, it's tons of fun.... tons of work too... but can't wait to show all my new girls! :-)

Hugs,
    Kim
    Jeanne
    Jeanne

Post  Jeanne Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:25 pm

Hi Susan! We need to get this party going over here. Glad to see another newcomer, so welcome. Like a Star @ heaven

hugs, Jeanne
    susan
    susan

Post  susan Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:27 am

Thanks Jeanne. Is that your baby in your arms? I've enjoyed meeting everyone here on this post. Michelle, I'll bet your two cocoa poodles are adorable and are given lots of love. I've always loved animals and I know how our pets can be like our children. They have different personalities just like people, and can bring so much joy to our lives. We have a Beagle named Hanna, and my daughter has two mice and goldfish.

Kimberly Lasher has a fan club on the Himstedt collecting website I belong to, which is how I discovered this forum. Kim's dolls are getting very popular over there! I'm glad to see there's several people here who are from Himstedt Heaven too.

Michelle, I'm sorry to hear you have breast cancer. I'm sending best wishes your way for the best treatments and a full recovery. I think doll collecting websites are so much fun , and are especially great for people who have difficulty getting out.

Susan
    Jeanne
    Jeanne

Post  Jeanne Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:33 am

Hi Susan, Thank you for the complement! The baby in my arms is my little grandson...#6. We have since had #7 the begining of May...another little boy. We have one granddaughter. This may be why sewing for dolls is so much fun for me. I long to see more pink and girly. Oh, I love the boys after having 3 daughters, don't get me wrong.

Jeanne
    kmfanatic
    kmfanatic

Hello Everyone! - Page 5 Empty hi!

Post  kmfanatic Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:26 pm

hello, my name is Joseph, but ug uys can call me joe. im 19 im from el paso tx, im a cna but i'll be starting college in the spring. i mostly collect celebrity barbie dolls. I've been interested in bjds when I saw the original Evangeline Ghastly. but at the time I couldnt afford the $500. price tag. Finally they released the vinyl Evangeline, and i got so excited that i could finally afford her. She is a vinyl(duh!) bjd just like the original Evangeline, except she doesnt have the ankle joints. and you cant change her eyes. but other than that, shes my first bjd and im extremely happy to have her Very Happy ugh sorry for the long intro
    susan
    susan

Post  susan Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:43 am

Hi Joe, I have some celebrity Barbies too, including Lucy and Desi, Sandy from Grease, Rosie O'Donell, Elvis, and Audrey Hepburn. Audrey Hepburn was given to me as a gift, and she is so realistic and pretty. I like the Halloween and scary themed dolls too, and Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I've got the doctor and nurse from "The Twilight Zone" episode called "Eye of the Beholder" and they are nicely detailed, and the Robert Tonner Wizard of Oz witch, plus lots of other "scary" dolls that I display around Halloween time. My Tonner witch usually sits on our fireplace mantel. The Evangeline doll you got looks really cool.

What are some of the celebrity dolls you have?
    Jeanne
    Jeanne

Post  Jeanne Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:53 am

Hi Joe, welcome to the forum. I'm coming from another direction than fashion dolls as I really like Himstedts and have several in my collection.

My niece has an array of BJDs and she brought them to me to see as she wanted me to sew for them and I was in love. So I knew eventually I would have them in my collection. My first is Anya by Kim Lasher and I'm soon to add another.

I love the celebrity Lucy doll from a while back and think the repaints I've seen of the Tonner dolls are just amazing! I like Ellowyne, too.

Have fun! Jeanne
    kmfanatic
    kmfanatic

Post  kmfanatic Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:41 pm

susan wrote:Hi Joe, I have some celebrity Barbies too, including Lucy and Desi, Sandy from Grease, Rosie O'Donell, Elvis, and Audrey Hepburn. Audrey Hepburn was given to me as a gift, and she is so realistic and pretty. I like the Halloween and scary themed dolls too, and Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I've got the doctor and nurse from "The Twilight Zone" episode called "Eye of the Beholder" and they are nicely detailed, and the Robert Tonner Wizard of Oz witch, plus lots of other "scary" dolls that I display around Halloween time. My Tonner witch usually sits on our fireplace mantel. The Evangeline doll you got looks really cool.

What are some of the celebrity dolls you have?

hi Susan, wow im happy to hear that you like halloween themed dolls. Halloween is my b-day so of course im into tose type of dolls Smile I have three Cher dolls, 4 Gwen Stefani dolls, 12 Britney Spears dolls, 6 lucy dolls(my faves) 1 Marilyn Monre doll, the Goldie Hawn doll, 2 Kylie MInogue dolls, 1 Joan Crawford doll, and 1 Bettie Davis doll Very Happy
    susan
    susan

Post  susan Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:19 pm

I saw the 2009 Goldie Hawn doll on a website, and I think it looks a lot like her. Very cute! I don't have Joan Crawford or Bette Davis but would love to have them too, mostly to pay tribute to the movie "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane". I think that's such a classic horror movie, with outstanding performances by Joan and Bette. I see that Robert Tonner just came out with two beautiful dolls of Bette and Joan.

It's neat to have your birthday on Halloween! You could get both gifts and lots of candy on the same day. :-)

kmfanatic wrote:
    hi Susan, wow im happy to hear that you like halloween themed dolls. Halloween is my b-day so of course im into tose type of dolls Smile I have three Cher dolls, 4 Gwen Stefani dolls, 12 Britney Spears dolls, 6 lucy dolls(my faves) 1 Marilyn Monre doll, the Goldie Hawn doll, 2 Kylie MInogue dolls, 1 Joan Crawford doll, and 1 Bettie Davis doll Very Happy
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:52 pm

Hi Joe! Glad you are here to play with us!!

Kim
    Christina in FL
    Christina in FL

Post  Christina in FL Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:18 am

Welcome Shelly #1 and Shelly #2 (ruskyles), Jeanne, Susan and Joe!! Love seeing more people join here!! Can't wait to see wonderful pics of your dolls!! I'll be getting the new Scatter today and will hopefully post pics for all to see soon!!
    Christina
    Susan in Waxahachie, TX

Post  Susan in Waxahachie, TX Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:54 pm

Hi everyone! I'm Susan and I live in Texas. I have collected all kinds of dolls since I was a teeny thing. I have everything from Barbie to Alexander and everything in between.

I fell in love with BJDs about four years ago and that's where the bulk of my husband's money goes. I have dolls from Volks, Dream of Doll, Elfdoll, Limhwa, Fairyland and Peakswoods.

I just recently received my darling little Druscilla from The Toy Shoppe. She is lucky #1 and I am beyond thrilled with her. The Asian bjds welcomed her with open arms and she looks so comfortable standing among them.

I think this board is great. The doll world really needs a place to showcase the talents of our American artists. I have no talent whatsoever so I will be happy to watch everyone else create!

Oh and Ms. Lasher if you are out there I would like the ballerina outfit. Thank you so much!
    Christina in FL
    Christina in FL

Hello Everyone! - Page 5 Empty Welcome Susan!!

Post  Christina in FL Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:06 pm

Did you see your the 100th registered user under admin announcements? Congratulations!!!
    Susan in Waxahachie, TX

Post  Susan in Waxahachie, TX Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:08 pm

I did! Thank you Christina. It was a wonderful surprise.
    Elizabeth Dye

Hello Everyone! - Page 5 Empty Hello Everyone!

Post  Elizabeth Dye Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:48 pm

Hello! My name is Elizabeth Dye and I made my first bjd this year. Her name is Destiny. She will make her debut at IDEX in 2010 along with her cousin, Danielle. I am very excited to be a part of this community and want to say a big Thank You to Paulette for the warm welcome. I am not sure how often I will be able to post. I am in showmode for IDEX and trying to finish all my dolls. I also have a 12 year old daughter, Destiny, of course! And an 8 year old son, Tyman. They are great and so supportive, so is my husband Michael. I am a lucky girl!
    I have one bjd, Dark Alice, that I purchased about three years ago. I also just bought my first Ellowyn Wilde. One of these days I will get to afford more dolls!
    I have been sculpting fairies since 1991 and sold mostly at Ren Faires. I have literally made thousands of fairies. In 2005 I started making larger dolls and attending the Trade Shows. I became the President of The Professional Doll Makers' Art Guild last year and have really enjoyed helping other artists and best of all learning from them! This has been an amazing journey!
    Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
    Elizabeth
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:31 am

HI Elizabeth!!! Glad you joined us here! Please post some pics of your favorite BJDs and also your dolls, we would love to see them!!!

Susan, did I see that you wanted the ballet outfit??? It should be here sometime in Jan.

Hugs,
    Kim
    Elizabeth Dye

Hello Everyone! - Page 5 Empty posting photos?

Post  Elizabeth Dye Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:06 am

Hello Kim!
    We have a friend in common, Joe MacPhale. I am looking forward to meeting you at IDEX! How do I put up an avatar and post photos. I did put two photos in my album, but did not see where to do the others. Thank you!
    Elizabeth
    nonopaulette
    nonopaulette

Hello Everyone! - Page 5 Empty Hello new members

Post  nonopaulette Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:54 am

Hi all the new members. I see a few from my neck of the country...Texas. Hi Elizabeth, maker of the very beautiful Destiny. Paulette
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:09 pm

Hi Elizabeth!
    Joe is a wonderful guy, isn't he? I'm looking forward to seeing his new BJD too! So fun to see all the new dolls!!!
    nonopaulette
    nonopaulette

Post  nonopaulette Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:32 am

Joe needs to go to the AMBJD meet up at IDEX!! P
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:25 am

Yes, he does!!!!!
    xtremepackerfan

Hello Everyone! - Page 5 Empty Hi, I'm New

Post  xtremepackerfan Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:35 pm

Hi, I'm new here and fairly new to bjd's. I fell in love with Kim's and Kaye's bjd's when I saw them on a web site I was browsing. I couldn't resist and I now have Ainsley,Olive,Adeline,Drucilla and Ivy and Lotus on pre-order. I am also waiting for Kaye's Annabella and will be pre-ordering Nyssa. I own a few other bjd's but I my love is for Kim and Kaye's,they are the best! bounce lol!
    Linda
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:17 am

Hi Linda! Glad you joined us over here too!!! Welcome and thanks for introducing yourself!

Kim
    marika
    marika

Post  marika Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:19 am

Hi! I'm new and I've only just started collecting AmBJDs this summer. I only have 2 at the moment: Goodreau Innuendo and Ashton-Drake Delilah Noir. They both have custom face-ups by me and I just love them to bits. I have Goodreau Rumor and Scatter on their way to me. I love you I sew most of the clothes for my dolls.

I would be really excited to see more pics of the Goodreau MSD dolls in particular! flower

And if anyone knows what size eyes Rumor and Scatter take, I'd sure appreciate the info already before I get the dolls, so I could do some shopping for the little darlings! LOL! Any Scatter owners here? Anyone have his measurements or know where I might be able to find them for sewing purposes? Thanks! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 9:40 pm