American BJDs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group to share our collections, photos, stories and ideas on ALL Ball Jointed Dolls.

4 posters

New Evangeline Ghastly???

weegale
    weegale

New Evangeline Ghastly??? Empty New Evangeline Ghastly???

Post  weegale Sat May 23, 2009 6:36 am

Hey...What does everyone think about the new vinyl Evangeline Ghastly??? She is 17", more or less MSD size. I have always loved the resin EG and especially her wardrobe!! I am curious about others think.
    Christina in FL
    Christina in FL

New Evangeline Ghastly??? Empty Re: New Evangeline Ghastly???

Post  Christina in FL Sat May 23, 2009 4:54 pm

Are you talking about the vinyl version? I saw the vinyl at IDEX.... I thought she was great...still like Paulette's girls better as I think EG is too scrawny (JMHO). I also like EG better as a repaint anyway, but that's just because of my personal preference in dolls, just not into the goth look. I think it's great though that she is now in a all-vinyl version. Do you know if she is ball-jointed though? I could perhaps consider her once I learn how to do a face-up (or should I say get up the courage to do a face-up) if she is ball-jointed. Paulette has truly spoiled me with the girls, don't know if I could ever go back to ordinary plastic bodied dolls!
    weegale
    weegale

Post  weegale Sun May 24, 2009 6:30 am

Yes, she is the vinyl version, I saw her at IDEX also. They say she is ball jointed on the Wilde Imagination website.
    Alison
    Alison

Post  Alison Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:11 pm

I'd really like to see the vinyl Evangeline in person--or at least RL photos (rather than promo shots). From the promo shots, I noticed a few things. First, she has a great face. I think she's quite pretty. Second, her hands look huge. I think they are using the same arm mold for this 17" doll as they are on the 19" doll (but I could be mistaken and her hands look big).

Also, I have read that only the platinum (vinyl) doll has wigged hair--the raven and red-head are rooted, so you can't change their hair (and that has me spoiled with my BJDs). And you can't change the vinyl EG's eyes--they are inset acrylic, but you can't change them.
    kmfanatic
    kmfanatic

New Evangeline Ghastly??? Empty evangeline ghastly

Post  kmfanatic Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:45 pm

yea she's a bjd. I have the blond wigged one. except that she's strung too too tight. but yea she's worth buying

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 12:15 pm