American BJDs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group to share our collections, photos, stories and ideas on ALL Ball Jointed Dolls.

5 posters

My first BJD has arrived!! Goodreau's Aidyn...

Mrsbobbinsews

My first BJD has arrived!! Goodreau's Aidyn... Empty My first BJD has arrived!! Goodreau's Aidyn...

Post  Mrsbobbinsews Fri May 29, 2009 12:00 pm

and she had very good timing...I needed a smile after the past few days...

Our house was broken into and robbed on Tuesday afternoon...I actually walked in while they were still here...thankfully I had the sense to get out and go outside to call the police, and while I was doing that, 2 neighbors saw 3 men run out of my back door, down the deck stairs and into the woods beyond. Scary and maddening stuff...and so...I can't share pics of Aidyn...they took all our cameras among many other things. AND we leave for a week in Paris on Sunday...so hopefully...when I return to real life, I will buy a new camera and take some pics of this most adorable little cutie!!

Have a great week everyone...I look forward to playing dolls again REAL SOON!

Hugs,
    Janice
    KristinKreations
    KristinKreations

My first BJD has arrived!! Goodreau's Aidyn... Empty Re: My first BJD has arrived!! Goodreau's Aidyn...

Post  KristinKreations Fri May 29, 2009 2:30 pm

Aww, I'm sorry Janice!!
    I hope you get a nice week in Paris, and that you get to enjoy your dolly soon!!
    FroggyB
    FroggyB

My first BJD has arrived!! Goodreau's Aidyn... Empty Re: My first BJD has arrived!! Goodreau's Aidyn...

Post  FroggyB Fri May 29, 2009 9:04 pm

Oh my goodness, Janice! I sure am glad you are OK! How scary and stressful! And yes, after that you needed the smile that a new dolly can bring. We will look forward to seeing pictures when you can get some.

Have a wonderful time in Paris!!!
    Mrsbobbinsews

Post  Mrsbobbinsews Sat May 30, 2009 10:09 am

Thanks Brenda and Kristin...I keep picking Aidyn up and playing with her in all her naked baldness and thinking...do I have time to make her an outfit or two and bring her to Paris with me?? LOL!! We'll see how much time I have after finishing up errands today!

Janice
    MaryKate
    MaryKate

Post  MaryKate Sat May 30, 2009 1:24 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about the break-in, Janice--my home was broken into and my laptop stolen last fall and it's just a horrible feeling. I hope you have a wonderful time in Paris!
    Christina in FL
    Christina in FL

Post  Christina in FL Sun May 31, 2009 5:59 am

Sorry to hear about that...good thing they didn't take your computer too!!! Hopefully the police will be able to capture the crooks. Meanwhile you have a good reason to go out and buy a better camera!!! (trying to be optomistic here and find any amount of good in a bad situation). You might want to have someone you trust house-sit your home while your gone (with car in drive and making it known someone is in the house). Kinda wierd the crooks decided to break in shortly before your vacation. Maybe the word got around about your vacation and the crooks somehow thought it was this week.
    Mrsbobbinsews

Post  Mrsbobbinsews Sun May 31, 2009 10:54 am

Christina in FL wrote:Sorry to hear about that...good thing they didn't take your computer too!!! Hopefully the police will be able to capture the crooks. Meanwhile you have a good reason to go out and buy a better camera!!! (trying to be optomistic here and find any amount of good in a bad situation). You might want to have someone you trust house-sit your home while your gone (with car in drive and making it known someone is in the house). Kinda wierd the crooks decided to break in shortly before your vacation. Maybe the word got around about your vacation and the crooks somehow thought it was this week.

Thanks Christina...we think it was a crime of opportunity as we live on a corner, next the woods and have "kids" going through all the time. Since the neighbors saw three teens leave the house, the cops don't think it was anything more planned or deliberate, but who knows. We had a monster alarm system installed the day after and so feel a little safer leaving...plus the cops have been around several times each day and night just watching the house.

As for them not taking my computer...they took my daughter's brand new Mac Laptop that we bought her for college graduation two weeks ago AND her old Dell laptop that I had "inherited" and been using this past week. All of her projects and papers were on the old laptop and that's really hard on her. The new one was too new to have anything on it yet and Visa theft protection is replacing that one. We keep finding more and more each day that they took and it breaks my heart each time...my parents gave my daughter my grandmother's antique watch that my grandfather bought for her for her 16th birthday...that's crushing...But I try to be optimistic...I don't think we'll ever see any of our things again but at least no one was hurt.

We leave for the airport in two hours and I have last minute things to do...so have a great week everyone...I look forward to seeing all your new pics and dolls when I return!

Janice

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:57 pm