American BJDs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group to share our collections, photos, stories and ideas on ALL Ball Jointed Dolls.

+4
llilly
nfedyk
seaheather
susan
8 posters

Who has ordered a Kimberly Lasher 2010 doll?

susan
    susan

Who has ordered a Kimberly Lasher 2010 doll? Empty Who has ordered a Kimberly Lasher 2010 doll?

Post  susan Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:10 am

I'm usually pretty cautious and particular about buying doll's, so I was hesitant to order Kim's 2010 dolls without seeing actual photos first. But since they are selling quickly and Lotus has already sold out, I decided to take the plunge.

I just ordered Azaleah, and now I'm excited about getting her in June. It's a long wait, but I think she'll be well worth it. We're hoping to go to IDEX, but if we can't go then I'll look forward to see everyone's photos of the dolls. I love my Ainsley by Lasher, so I imagine the 2010 dolls will be wonderful too.

Who has ordered a 2010 Lasher doll, and if so, which one(s)?

Susan
    seaheather

Who has ordered a Kimberly Lasher 2010 doll? Empty 2010 Kimberly Lasher Dolls

Post  seaheather Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:55 am

Good morning, Susan. I'm new to this forum, and to Kimberly Lasher dolls. I just ordered my first.... Ivy. It's a little scary ordering a doll that I haven't seen yet, but after seeing other Lasher dolls I know she'll be adorable.

I'm anxious to see photos from IDEX, too. It would be great to be able to go, but that's not in the cards for me.

It's going to be hard waiting until August for Ivy to be ready for delivery!

Karen in Maine
    susan
    susan

Who has ordered a Kimberly Lasher 2010 doll? Empty Re: Who has ordered a Kimberly Lasher 2010 doll?

Post  susan Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:29 am

Hi Karen,

I'm glad to hear you've ordered Ivy, so we can wait for our dolls together. :-) It will be fun to see pictures of Kim's dolls when they're posted from the IDEX show. Do you collect any other dolls? I collect all types, but mostly focus on Himstedt dolls and now BJD's.

So far I have Kim's Ainsley (who is also an elf, like Azaleah), and I also have Ojallin and a little Fairyland doll Ante (both of which are Asian BJD's). I think Kim's dolls pose so nicely, and they have a lot of personality, which is why I've decided to get another one.

Susan
    seaheather

Who has ordered a Kimberly Lasher 2010 doll? Empty Re: Who has ordered a Kimberly Lasher 2010 doll?

Post  seaheather Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:42 am

Hi Susan,

I collect a number of different dolls. I started out with 10" Ann Estelle, who I really enjoyed sewing and knitting for. I moved on to other vinyl dolls; 18" Ann, Natterer, Sasha, Himstedt, Plusczok Creedy, Kish, Ellowyne Wilde. I really have too many dolls! Every once in a while I sell a few to make room for new.

I had two BJDs previously; Narae and Soulkid Griffi. I couldn't bond with either one, so I sold them. With the exception of Ellowyne, I'm sticking to the little girl bodies. I sew and knit for the dolls, and I enjoy making the little girl clothing more than clothes for mature figured fashion-type dolls. I love the unconventional look of Kim's dolls.... it took a little while for them to grow on me, but now I fear I'm totally hooked!

Very Happy
    Karen
    nfedyk

Post  nfedyk Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:22 pm

I have ordered Simply Alice and Lotus. I just recently got interested in BJD's and was very lucky to find an Anya through another board I belong to. If the new girls are anything like her I know I will be one happy camper.
    llilly
    llilly

Post  llilly Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:12 pm

me me me....!!! :0)

I've got Dark Alice ordered and can NOT wait! Ainsley is already with me.
    :0)
    leah
    Nemesia
    Nemesia

Post  Nemesia Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:12 pm

I am on lists for Simply Alice, Lotus & Azaleah. I am waiting for IDEX photos to confirm these. If I love all three I am in trouble! I lost out on Ainsley Crying or Very sad when I waited too long. I'm excited to see them IRL!

Sally (also in Maine, on the Southern Coast)
    KarenC
    KarenC

Post  KarenC Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:33 pm

Happy bounce to say I'm in for Ivy!! Anticipation is definitely part of this dolly game, and I've painted a picture in my imagination of what Ivy will look like - I'm thinking that although she comes across as rather "bookish" in Kim's sketch, she will have plenty of attitude - and will be much welcomed by my Anya. I guess I won't know if they'll have the same taste in clothes until Ivy arrives and scopes out Anya's wardrobe, which unfortunately is rather scant right now, I have to get busy and do something about that LOL.
    momoko
    momoko

Who has ordered a Kimberly Lasher 2010 doll? Empty Lasher 2010

Post  momoko Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:52 am

I ordered Ivy, and can't wait!! I would like to find Anya to go with her, I like that size and I think they will be adorable together!!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:30 pm

Hi Ladies!
    I am so sorry I haven't been around lately. I just got so booged down with IDEX, traveling and recovering after the show I have been quite out of it for a while. Plus we are doing a bit of a remodel on my studio in my basement, trying to get it done before Alice arrives and all heck breaks loose!

So hopefully you all have seen the pics of the dolls now. The only one that is not a final pic is Azaleah, so she's not quite as polished looking since I did not have her final prototype resin head-- the factory could not get her done for me in time, so what you see is the original sculpt. But she's going to be adorable, I think. I'll post pics as soon as I get her final head back here!!!

Thanks so much!!!

Kim
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:31 pm

Oh, and by the way momko... I LOVE your Avatar. That is darling!!!!
    momoko
    momoko

Who has ordered a Kimberly Lasher 2010 doll? Empty Thanks!

Post  momoko Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:36 pm

Thanks Kim! I just saw photos of Ivy, she's so adorable!! Very Happy
    susan
    susan

Post  susan Mon May 10, 2010 1:28 pm

I can't wait to see photos of Azaleah with her production head. She looks like she's going to be adorable, and very unique.

Susan
    momoko
    momoko

Who has ordered a Kimberly Lasher 2010 doll? Empty Ivy

Post  momoko Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:18 pm

Ivy arrived a couple months ago, she is so cute!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:37 am