American BJDs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group to share our collections, photos, stories and ideas on ALL Ball Jointed Dolls.

3 posters

Name my Ante

FroggyB
    FroggyB

Name my Ante Empty Name my Ante

Post  FroggyB Wed May 27, 2009 6:29 pm

Hi! Now that I have officially crossed the line and become a real doll enthusiast (my dolls are more than just models now, I love them) I have decided to add to my dolly family. I just ordered a Little Fee Ante over the weekend from DDE. I know I'm in for a long wait. I've been looking at lots of Ante pictures on flickr, planning wigs and clothes. And thinking of a name. Molly is one possibility, but I am not absolutely sure. Would anyone like to help and make suggestions?
    KristinKreations
    KristinKreations

Name my Ante Empty Re: Name my Ante

Post  KristinKreations Wed May 27, 2009 6:41 pm

First, congrats Brenda!! And welcome over to the dark side *lol*

As for helping with names I'm no good. Mine tend to get named after either a theme (flowers/plants), or keep their previous names, sometimes with additions, like Maya Grace.

There's plenty of baby name sites online though, just but baby+name in Google, and you're stuck for hours study
    FroggyB
    FroggyB

Post  FroggyB Wed May 27, 2009 7:33 pm

KristinKreations wrote:First, congrats Brenda!! And welcome over to the dark side *lol*

As for helping with names I'm no good. Mine tend to get named after either a theme (flowers/plants), or keep their previous names, sometimes with additions, like Maya Grace.

There's plenty of baby name sites online though, just but baby+name in Google, and you're stuck for hours study

Thanks, K! I'm really excited about her.

I love the name Maya Grace. I think that was a great way to keep her history and also transition to her new home. Well done!

How did you know about my obsessive tendencies?! I would spend hours if I let myself. I actually have quite a list going already. I don't plan to get any more dolls for a while, so I have to choose wisely for the ones I have or am getting. But that's half the fun, right?
    KristinKreations
    KristinKreations

Post  KristinKreations Thu May 28, 2009 5:39 am

LOL, I didn't. Honestly!
    But I know myself, and my issues with naming Embarassed
    But yeah, half the fun, and important for the "bonding", at least to me. If the dolls name mean something to me, the personality grows faster, and then the doll get more important. Hard to explain, and I'm not even one who create complete life stories, backgrounds, family etc for my resin kids.

Thank you for your kind words, Maya's second name was sort of a given, considering the way she got to be mine. I'm very grateful to have her here with me Very Happy

Well, please share when you make up your mind. I think all Antes desere a name of their own Wink
    FroggyB
    FroggyB

Post  FroggyB Fri May 29, 2009 11:22 am

I think her name will most likely be Molly. I keep coming back to that. I may add a second name. Molly Mae. Molly Grace. Molly Rose. I'm not sure yet.
    Mrsbobbinsews

Post  Mrsbobbinsews Sat May 30, 2009 9:22 pm

Enjoy your new girl Brenda...sometimes you have to wait for them to tell you their name though...don't force it, lol!!

I LOVE Molly...and Molly Mae too. Or Maggie Mae like the song.
    Hugs,
    Janice
    FroggyB
    FroggyB

Post  FroggyB Sun May 31, 2009 9:53 am

Mrsbobbinsews wrote:Enjoy your new girl Brenda...sometimes you have to wait for them to tell you their name though...don't force it, lol!!

I LOVE Molly...and Molly Mae too. Or Maggie Mae like the song.
    Hugs,
    Janice

Thanks, Janice. I'm sure I will enjoy her. And Maggie is actually one of the other names on the list. Like I said, though, I seem to keep coming back to Molly. And I like Molly Mae, too. But I probably won't use her middle name much. Only when she's in trouble. LOL.

I don't think I'll be completely sure until she gets here, but I was like this with my live kids, too. While I know plenty of people wait to find out the sex at birth and/or wait until after birth to decide on a name, I had to know the sex as soon as it was possible and decide on a name soon after that. For me it was part of the prenatal bonding. I liked knowing who was living in there and kicking my bladder all the time.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:52 pm